Sunday, November 13, 2011










LANGKAWI TRIP PICS Nov 2011

  Linda my wife and I, had a really good time in Langkawi, I was hoping to show Linda some of the area's I had visited on my solo photographic trip last year, but unfortunately the mangrove are was a bit to much for Linda.....she forgot to bring her wellies ! so we kept to the footpaths and roads, and also Linda thought that 2 hours sat listening and looking ...at apparently  nothing ! ....was enough for one day ha ha!! but I still manage to get some nice shots, so in order of appearance here they are :D

Black-naped Oriole

Long tailed Macaque, this one is eating a wild banana 
Common Myna

A very rare bird and  very hard to find, but expensive to keep !!

Oriole with lunch
Common Sandpiper


Red-wattled Lapwing

Monitor Lizard

Which spotted me and headed for the river

Amongst the Mangrove roots

This is a baby one

Little Egret in the rice field

Chinese Pond Heron



Cattle Egret...what else could it be ha ha !!

Now listen Ear !! 

I am a White Chested Kingfisher..I know I know this is not
a fish but I am hungry 

Needs a little tenderising I think

Mmmm Yum !!!!!!!
Now if anyone is interested you can check out a not very
good video I took of the Kingfisher just after this photo
was taken, just copy and paste this link into your web browser

http://vimeo.com/32020014

5 comments:

  1. A White Chested Kingfisher! Tremendous shots of that marvelous bird Ray. Expensive to keep - I've got one like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like youv'e really enjoyed youselves and some cracking images of the wildlife as well.Thought you'd been quiet for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun enjoying your retirement. Some great shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all, and yes Deb retirement is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo's ....you have the same odd ball sense of humour as your son ;) The expensive bird ... we must be of the same breed I think, I also like the clean blue water rather than mangroves ;)Glad you both had an enjoyable time xx

    ReplyDelete